John Whelan Partner
John Whelan attended CBC, Cork and obtained his BCL Degree at University College Cork. He qualified as a Solicitor in 1992. He also holds a Business Studies Qualification.
As a wheelchair user for over 40 years John’s own experience resonates with clients who have sustained serious injuries and he provides a unique sensitive approach in advising personal injury clients.
Main Areas of Expertise:
Personal Injury Litigation, Conveyancing Private and Commercial, Wills, Probate and
Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Recently acted for a Plaintiff in a catastrophic Road Traffic Accident case which
settled in the High Court for over €5million.
- John has acted in numerous wheelchair user cases. Where clients were injured in
motor cycle accidents, falls from roofs and buildings, cycling accidents, road traffic
accidents and riding incidents.
- Acted in an amputee injury case in a High Court action where the Plaintiff who
lost a leg after a sports injury.
- Acted in Catastrophic Injuries Cases to include acting on behalf of clients who
have acquired injuries resulting in fulltime care being required.
- John also acted in a Case claiming Periodic Payments Order (PPO)
This Legislation now regarded as a “Dead Letter” after the recent High Court
decision of Murphy J. of 14/11/19).