James Whelan Partner
James Whelan has a B. Comm Degree from University College Cork and has been in practice for over 40 years. He has extensive experience in advising clients in all aspects of commercial transactions, including acquisition and disposal of properties, commercial, retail and industrial.
James was involved in the Construction and New House Development Industry. Acting as both a developer and for developers nationwide, from Donegal to Cork. Having a unique insight into this area he can bring his own personal experience to the table when advising developers.
In recent years, James has concentrated on dealing with Commercial Property Development and Property Taxation Schemes.
James’ client base operates on a regional, national and international basis.
Main Areas of Expertise:
Commercial Property, Commercial Agreements and Advices, Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions, Construction, Residential Property and Conveyancing.
- Representing property developers in Mixed Use Developments with Multi-storey
Car Parks in Limerick and Waterford.
- Acted in the development and sale of Primary Care Centres, negotiating Leases
with the HSE and GP practices.
- James has been involved in the joint ventures of commercial developments,
residential new home developments, tax schemes and holiday home schemes
- Acted for the developers of a large scale Student Accommodation development
in Castletroy, Limerick and in Railway Square, Waterford.
- James has acted for the Plaintiff in a landmark challenge of a State Tax in the
High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Represented investors and developers of projects in Spain and in the UK.