Terence English Partner
Terence English studied in UCC and graduated with a BCL in 1982. He has over 35 years in general practice and brings a wealth of experience to his clients in all types of Litigation, advising clients on litigation to include, Personal Injury Claims, Road Traffic Accident, Work Place Injuries, cases involving physical and sexual abuse, cases against the State, Data Privacy Breaches, Commercial Disputes, Employment Law and all types of contentious litigation. He also advises in relation to Probate and Conveyancing matters.
Main Areas of Expertise:
Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Road Traffic Accidents, Work Place Accidents and Disputes, Physical and Sexual Abuse, Commercial Disputes, Data Privacy and Multi Plaintiff Claims.
- Acting in a number of Multi Plaintiff cases including one case where he acted for over 1000 women claiming inequality in Social Welfare Benefits.
- Represented over 700 Army Soldiers bringing claims in respect of deafness/hearing loss.
- Acted in very many cases involving physical and sexual abuse.
- He also represented over 500 applicants to the Residential Institutions Redress Board.
- Acted for applicants in the Hepatitis C Compensation Tribunal.
- A wide range and high volume of Road Traffic claims, slip and fall claims and work place accidents.
- Acted in cases against the State, State Sponsored Bodies, Local Authorities and various Government Agencies.
- Acted in medical negligence cases against hospitals, doctors and other medical personnel and as a result of defective implants.
- Professional negligence cases against insurance companies, insurance brokers, accountants, and other professional services.
- Represented numerous clients in commercial disputes including disputes within companies and partnerships, severance agreements and other commercial disputes.
- He also acted for clients in cases involving data protection and data privacy issues.